Thursday, May 25, 2006

sick with Ticketmaster-charge-syndrome

Today, after browsing the Vancouver line-up for the *Warped Tour* and getting thoroughly STOKED, I proceeded to the Ticketmaster website to purchase my way to an AWESOME July 18th at Thunderbird Stadium.
It's been a few years since I've been to the Warped Tour - 2003 to be exact. This year's line-up is pretty sweet, the main bands I want to see being:


NOFX
Less Than Jake
Motion City Soundtrack
Rise Against
Silverstein
The Academy Is...
Underoath


ROCK! I am *really* looking forward to it, and have been for months now.
So a hop, skip, and a jump later I found myself ready to pay $32.50 for one ticket, which of course would be subject to tax and service charges. Okay, fine. I kind of accepted the rip-off that are service charges years ago and for a show that boasts close to sixty bands, I'm alright with paying a bit more. It can't be more than five bucks anyway, right? I figured I would be paying about forty bucks tops - maybe forty-one or forty-two.

Not quite the case.

Service charge for this baby is nine bucks, and that's on top of the four dollar something that makes up our fourteen-percent tax. THEN, on top of that, they have thrown in something they dub a "processing charge", which is another three-twenty-five.
Fucken hell.
Grand total?

$49.25$

That's almost twenty bucks in we-are-money-hungry-assholes charges and taxes for a show that was 'originally' just over thirty bucks.
*sigh*

I guess if you look at it from another angle, fifty bucks for this show is equivalent to paying less than a dollar for each band, which is a steal - or less than ten bucks for each AWESOME band I really, really want to see, which is also a steal.
I just hate how Ticketmaster has a monopoly over every major show and consequently, how you can't get away without shelling out for 'convenience charges'. Convenient indeed - a convenient way to rip us music-lovers off.

However, in the end I'm sure I'll forget about my bitterness, as I throw myself happily around in the mosh pit, singing along to all the songs. Music can make me so happy :)

for a complete list of the bands coming to Vancouver >>
checkity check it

Ear Candy: *Custer's Last One Nite Stand* -- Gob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home