Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tackling the blog business once again...

Sooooo, here goes! My attempt at doing this online blog thing once more. I've given up counting how many I have started over the years because they have all met the same neglected demise.
You see, I'm not good at commitment of any sort - especially commitment to myself. I've been fairly consistent with my actual journal, I guess because it is a tangible object that is conveniently portable and because I like the whole hand-written style. I think people are out of touch with doing things the 'old-fashioned' way. What ever happened to pen-pals and snail mail? What happened to getting to know people face-to-face? The high-tech era has taken over, and although it definitely offers its advantages, I think people use technology to avoid honest communication too often.
I've come to realize over the last couple of years that most people are horrible at being honest with themselves and in turn aren't able to be honest with other people. And most of these people aren't even aware of this tendency of theirs. Obviously I'm not perfect either, but it just drives me up the wall when I notice other people doing it.

Now I question myself why I am starting this blog thing again. I believe it is a mixture of boredom, wanting to get in touch with my creative side, and because I am a (not-so) secret emotional exhibitionist. Isn't this the reason why most people have blogs??
We like the idea that a stranger on the internet is going to stumble across our blog, whatever it may be about, read it, and find it interesting. Perhaps they will return to your blog once, twice, or become a regular reader. They may even leave you a comment, praising your thoughts and opinions. We feel flattered when someone takes interest in what we have to say since there are SO MANY blogs out there and an infinite number of stories that are more interesting than our own.
Maybe we are just people who have too much time on our hands in the eyes of those who are 'too good' for this blogging business. Perhaps, but it's the summertime for me and I definitely have more time on my hands than I have things to occupy it with.
And because pictures are fun to look at, here are some snapshots from my summer vacation thus far:




Now, regardless of whether you think I'm really boring and this entry is shit, or whether you found it entertaining and want to read more...I'm going to try my best to continue this, and if you do leave a comment, it will probably make me a happy, flattered person!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home