Monday, December 18, 2006

Claudia VS pole...


Claudia loses.

So yesterday I managed to smash face first into the edge of the pole/post by our living room. It's kind of hard to explain, as you wouldn't really expect to find a plaster post in the middle of nowhere, but all you really need to know is that it's not something I'd recommend walking into.

How did I manage to do this?? Well, I've never had problems with it before, as any semi-conscious person can easily avoid it... but yesterday I was cleaning off a table in front of it and forgot that it was behind me, so when I turned around, I just took one giant step in its direction and met the edge head on. Haha, good times. It split my lip open a bit, but I think my forehead got the worst of it, with an bump protruding out of it to prove that fact.

This is definitely not the smartest thing I have ever done :P

Anyway, what to say? EXAMS ARE DONE, and the weekend has largely been spent in celebration. Today I attempted to start my Christmas shopping, and headed downtown. I was afraid that it would be crazy busy down there, but I think the ominous rains clouds deterred many would-be shoppers. I don't have many people to buy for - just immediate family and a few close friends, so it's not anything to stress over.
Something my roommates have had to be concerned about however is our pest problem. We have rats/squirrels/strange creatures running around in our walls, and it's really unsettling to hear. Most recently they have chewed through the ceiling tiles of my friend's room, which should be enough for our landlord to call in an exterminator, but he's being pretty apathetic about it all, which is frustrating. I wish I knew what circumstances we'd have to be in to report him for being a bad landlord, because rodents in one's household is a BIG problem. Health risks and all, y'know, so if he's not taking our concerns seriously, it's an even bigger issue. *sigh* I feel really bad for my roomie. I mean, if there was a hole in the ceiling above my bed where rodents may potentially decide to leap out from, I'd be pretty fricken paranoid and disturbed.
Stupid apathetic landlord...

Ear Candy: *Karma Police* --Radiohead

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home