Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pandora's box

I've found a new procrastination tool!

Hours of
aural pleasure is just one click away!
Basically what it is is a little jukebox that plays songs according to music you already like. You make "playlists" by inputting a song or artist you already enjoy and it attempts to find music that is similar in style. You have the option of clicking on a thumbs-up or thumbs-down button to say whether you like it or not, and you can skip to the next song whenever you want. The player will continue trying to cater to your tastes with each thumbs-up/down click.
There is a better step-by-step explanation given on the website i think!

I think Alyssa actually showed this to me last year, but I never really experimented with it. But now with this recent re-discovery, I've found it's been both a blessing and a curse. I've been exposed to a lot of new music which I subsequently go and download, but it is extremely distracting. Coming across this thing in the middle of finals is probably a very bad thing, but how can I say no to awesome, new music?

I've also included a little list of 'bookmarked' songs on the sidebar (under my profile on the right-hand side). It will constantly be changing so give some of the songs a listen and maybe you'll find something you like...or at least a great way to procrastinate! Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home