Wednesday, December 27, 2006

R&R

Almost two weeks into my Winter Vacation and I don't want it to end! The first week was split evenly between celebratory drinks and feverishly working the till at the toy store up until Christmas Eve. Christmas was a low key affair with my Mom and sister, and the past few days have been comprised of hearty eats, playing Mahjongg, and some shopping down in the States. Christmas wasn't a big deal this year, and I guess it hasn't really been a "big" deal for quite some time. However, I still embrace the excuse to spend quality time with friends and family!
I don't actually have a lot to say, and don't even have any fun pictures to share at the moment, but when I get a chance I will upload a few from the past couple of days - including a pic of what my sister spoiled me with this Christmas!
As for the next little while, there are many exciting events up and coming! They kick off tomorrow with a potluck that I'm hosting at my house in Vancouver with my high school friends. I'm way stoked about it because even though we all share the desire to hang out together like we used to, it just doesn't happen anymore. And the turnout looks to be pretty good, despite the time of year and everyone's busy schedules! The day after that is another high school friends gathering, and then on Saturday I'm heading up somewhere near Whistler to go snowshoeing! We originally hoped to stay in a cabin overnight, but since it is first-come first-serve there, and because we have a pretty large group going up (roughly ten of us?), we're preparing to camp outside in the snow! Wa wa wee wa! This is intimidating for someone like me who loves camping and the outdoors, but is not exactly outdoors-savvy...
I think I'll be in good company though, and the plan is to build shelters in the snow and to sleep in them! These shelters we plan to build are called Quinzees. If you're interested in how these are constructed, check out this link. I was definitely in awe. If I can stand to take my hands out of my gloves, I'll take pictures of us building them. I hope they turn out right because sleeping in sub zero temperatures sounds mighty uncomfortable!
Assuming we make it through the night, we then hike back down to our cars (possibly a four hour hike!),drive back down to Vancouver, and party it up at Lauren's New Year's bash! Man, it's going to be a tiring next few days, but a grrrreat way to end 2006! I'm pumped! Pictures to come...!

Ear Candy: *No Way Back* --Foo Fighters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home