Adventures in Costco land
Costco is a great place. I ventured to the Costco warehouse world today with Lauren, not really to buy anything, but more for the adventure. I haven't been there too many times in my life, since my family is small and we don't normally buy bulk, but the size of the products never ceases to amaze me. Like I told Lauren, sometimes I feel like I've stepped into that world in Mario Bros. where everything is super-sized when I walk into Costco.
We perused almost every aisle there, though we didn't end up getting very much. I walked out with nothing of the food variety, but bought a couple sports bras and, believe it or not, a bathing suit! Yes, I was surprised about it too. Only $24 baby! Quite the steal if you ask me. I was afraid of it not fitting me and then not being able to return it, but I have since tried it on and there wasn't a problem. Double booyakasha!
Next we hit up T&T Supermarket which often has cheap groceries, and like usual it was busy and kind of chaotic. There was an elderly asian man who kept staring at me like I wasn't quite a human being. I pointed this out to Lauren and told her about how this seems to happen to me quite frequently with the older generation of asian men, though I'm not really sure why. Do they consider me an odd breed of asian female? I don't think she found his behaviour too strange at first, but when we kept bumping into him around the supermarket, and he kept staring at me, she sympathized with me. It doesn't actually bug me or creep me out that much, as I usually find it quite amusing, but it does puzzle me. Maybe it's because I don't really fit into their image of a stereotypical asian girl? *shrugs* At least it's not as bad as it was when I was in Japan.
Anyway, it's 4:01pm and the hockey game is on! Off I go!
Oh! Last weekend I got to meet Matt Cooke. That was quite exciting. He was doing an autograph signing and my friend Sara and I lined-up early to make sure we would get a spot in the 160 people limit. It was cool to see him in person, though I always feel kind of silly getting excited over 'celebrities' since they are just normal people like you and me (except that they make millions more than the average person). He's been one of my favourite Canucks for years now though, and I am happy that I got this opportunity to meet him. I took a picture with him too, which turned out pretty funny because I threw up the rock sign right before Sara took the picture, and I think it threw him off-guard:
"Uhh, what the hell is she doing with her hand?"I think it made him nervous, haha. Anyway, I'll leave you all with that. 'Til next time.
2 Comments:
High5
That guy *was* creepy after a bit. You'd think he'd stare at me cause I looked extra out of place!
Post a Comment
<< Home