Monday, January 15, 2007

Sushi and Shisha

This is going to be a good week - I can feel it. I say this because one of my best friends is here from Ottawa! She's originally from here so she doesn't like to hear the term "visiting", so I won't use it ;) She arrived on Saturday evening but I didn't get to see her til today, but it was so awesome to hang out with her. I've missed her a lot over the past five months, particularly during the times when I've been drunk and begun reminiscing about our crazy adventures. Many drunken text messages and phone calls have been exchanged between the two of us along the lines of "I MISS YOU MAAAAAN".
She accompanied me to my two classes of the day and then we headed downtown for sushi. We bumped into Alyssa on the way, and she joined us. For anyone who is looking for a good sushi joint amongst the two million sushi places in Vancouver, I highly recommend the restaurant we went to: Kadoya, which is located about a block and a half west of Burrard on Davie Street. They have a great selection of food that is both reasonably priced and delicious, including a variety of unique rolls like the "Rainbow Roll" that you see pictured to the right. Fuzz (my friend) had a bad hankering for sushi and has been fairly sushi-deprived in Ottawa, so we ordered a lot of food - almost too much for us to eat... but really, there is never actually "too much" sushi for me! I'm a fiend.
After sushi, the three of us headed to the Persian Tea House to smoke some shisha (also known as hookah). It was kind of a rip-off, especially because they made us pay for two shisha bongs, claiming to have the policy of "one hookah between two people". Oh well. When Fuzz gets back from Ottawa, we'll be able to smoke it at her place for free since she has not one, but TWO hookahs. And because she owns her own, she's quite the pro at blowing smoke rings. Alyssa and I were very impressed. The picture on the left is Fuzz's crack at being a dragon.
This week will also be good because on Friday a bunch of us are heading to the much anticipated *Rise Against* show. They are playing with Billy Talent, Anti-Flag, and Moneen. And then, to top the week off, our house is throwing a big kegger on Saturday! It is actually a "decades party", which means you can come dressed like you're from whatever decade you'd like. 70s, 80s, 90s... or even from ancient times, or from the future! We are super stoked about this party because last year's 80s kegger was such a success. As I type this, my roommates and I are actually listening to one-hit-wonders from the 90s to psych ourselves up for it, and I am in the process of downloading other forgotten artists from the past three decades. I'd love to DJ for this party, and may just end up doing so... I just hope that my mp3 doesn't get broken like it did last year :(
Anyway, those are the exciting things coming up in the next week! An update with photos sure to come after all this!
Ear Candy: *Truly, Madly, Deeply* --Savage Garden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home