Bittersweet Symphony
Coachella Coachella Coachella Coachella
The line-up is amazing this year - namely because Rage Against the Machine are GETTING BACK TOGETHER for this one show. I have been excited about this concert for at least a few weeks now, and have wanted to go in previous years (because the bands that play are usually great!). However, the hella expensive tickets have always stopped me from going (we're lookin' at more than $300+ for three days - and that's just for the tickets!). This year is no exception, EXCEPT for the fact that RAGE are playing, which does make it an exception. Of course there are other big bands/artists headlining (i.e. Bjork, Red Hot Chilis), but being able to see Rage in concert was the real convincing factor.Now, even with my almost uncontainable excitement, I still had to hesitant before running to Ticketmaster. Could I afford it? That is usually the deciding question when it comes to going to big-ticket shows like this one. Three hundred big ones is a pretty hefty price, especially since I'm not working a whole lot (and all the money goes towards paying bills anyway), and then it'll be at least another hundred or two for gas/food/other (the show is down in Cali). But...but RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE are playing! as are the RHCP, who I have never seen in concert before but would LOVE to. arrrrg. Dilemmas, dilemmas.
I was looking into going down there with Dwayne and a couple of his buddies, and with him buying tickets to it last week (as Angela excitedly informed me), I had yet another motivating factor to giving in and coughing up the cash.

Oh...I was oh-so-close to buying tickets... cuz I mean, money can be made again in the future right? Seeing Rage may never happen again, so how could I really justify letting this amazing opportunity slip through my fingers? However, there was one more obstacle I had to clear: finals.
Coachella lands on April 27, 28, and 29th (Rage plays on the 29th), and final exams don't end until the 30th. Factoring in driving time, I probably couldn't go with Dwayne unless I finished by the 25th at the very latest.
Annnnd so the exam schedule came out today. I was pretty apprehensive about looking at it because it would be the real deciding factor as to whether I could go or not... so I waited until I got home from school to look at it.
Three exams - thirteen days in which to write them. I had a good chance, right?
First exam: April 18th. Second exam: April 19th...
Final exam? April 27th.
Doh.
That was a pretty clearcut answer to my dilemma, and needless to say, I was disappointed. But, on the flip side, I guess I'll be saving myself $500, which I could theoretically put towards future travel plans. In reality I probably couldn't have (or shouldn't have) spent five bills on this trip down to Cali, but I'm not usually the type to allow money matters to bully me into sacrificing a once-in-a-lifetime experience like this one. However, as the exam god would have it, I can't make it anyway...so, I'll just have to suck it up and wallow in misery on April the 29th.
Ear Candy: *Knowing when to stop* --Hey Mercedes
3 Comments:
Damnit!!! I just heard that the exam schedule was up, too! I right away thought of you and Coachella. Shitty deal. :(
Wow! That was a suspense filled blog! I enjoyed it. Putr your $500 towards coming to see me! Unless I'm coming to see you, in which case what comes before Part-B?
Part-ee!
petition your exam?
Post a Comment
<< Home