A whole new era...
So a few days ago when I went in for a shift at the Toy Store, I noticed that we had started selling children's CDs - three full racks of them. I non-chalantly looked through some of the stacks, chuckling at some of the more absurd ones like the "grammar singalong CD" with songs like "most commonly mispelled words". However, I didn't find any to get very excited about... until a co-worker pointed out these: 

Very weird...yet pretty darn cool at the same time. Basically, the people behind this crazy idea have taken popular/more mainstream songs from each artist and done an instrumental rendition suitable for babies and young children. They have used instruments like the glockenspiel, mellotron, and harp to keep the sounds soothing. I'm not very familiar with the history of this company (called Baby Rock Records), but they have picked out some pretty cool artists. Besides Tool, Metallica, and Radiohead, they have also done albums on: Coldplay, Pink Floyd, the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Nirvana, No Doubt, Queens of the Stone Age, the Cure, the Eagles, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, the Ramones, the Pixies, Led Zeppelin, U2, and Bjork! Talk about some super rock out babies!!
Unfortunately, we didn't have sample CDs to listen to, so I was extremely curious as to what the Rockabye version of such songs like Metallica's "Master of Puppets", or Tool's "Sober" sounded like. Haha, Tool songs for babies! That's fantastic!
We're charging a whopping $23 per CD at our store, and even though I get a 40% discount because i work there, I'm still not willing to shell out that type of money just to satiate my curiousity... That's what illegal downloading is for!! As I type, I have a few of the Rockabye Coldplay songs downloading, as well as some Radiohead. I don't know if I'll find these renditions cool, or way too warped. Only time will tell...
Curious about this? Check out the Baby Rock Records website >>> here. There are sound clips you can listen to, which I didn't click on because I am downloading them and want to keep it a surprise. Anyway, enough of that! These CDs definitely shook up world a little - made life a bit more interesting. Thank you Baby Rock Records.
Ear Candy: *Don't Panic* --Coldplay (Rockabye Baby version)
(and the verdict? Way way cooler than it is warped, though there's a part of the loud-and-angry-music-lover in me that wants to hear the drums and guitar kick in...)


Very weird...yet pretty darn cool at the same time. Basically, the people behind this crazy idea have taken popular/more mainstream songs from each artist and done an instrumental rendition suitable for babies and young children. They have used instruments like the glockenspiel, mellotron, and harp to keep the sounds soothing. I'm not very familiar with the history of this company (called Baby Rock Records), but they have picked out some pretty cool artists. Besides Tool, Metallica, and Radiohead, they have also done albums on: Coldplay, Pink Floyd, the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Nirvana, No Doubt, Queens of the Stone Age, the Cure, the Eagles, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, the Ramones, the Pixies, Led Zeppelin, U2, and Bjork! Talk about some super rock out babies!!
Unfortunately, we didn't have sample CDs to listen to, so I was extremely curious as to what the Rockabye version of such songs like Metallica's "Master of Puppets", or Tool's "Sober" sounded like. Haha, Tool songs for babies! That's fantastic!
We're charging a whopping $23 per CD at our store, and even though I get a 40% discount because i work there, I'm still not willing to shell out that type of money just to satiate my curiousity... That's what illegal downloading is for!! As I type, I have a few of the Rockabye Coldplay songs downloading, as well as some Radiohead. I don't know if I'll find these renditions cool, or way too warped. Only time will tell...
Curious about this? Check out the Baby Rock Records website >>> here. There are sound clips you can listen to, which I didn't click on because I am downloading them and want to keep it a surprise. Anyway, enough of that! These CDs definitely shook up world a little - made life a bit more interesting. Thank you Baby Rock Records.
Ear Candy: *Don't Panic* --Coldplay (Rockabye Baby version)
(and the verdict? Way way cooler than it is warped, though there's a part of the loud-and-angry-music-lover in me that wants to hear the drums and guitar kick in...)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home