Alexisonfiiiiiirre

IMG_8089, originally uploaded by photorocker.
Went on a brief roadtrip down to Seattle on Tuesday evening with Alyssa and one of the Laurens I know. Hit up the Showbox (pretty cool venue - probably one of my favourites) to catch Alexisonfire play with Anti-Flag, as well as a couple other smaller bands (one of them was Big D and the Kids Table). Sometimes I wish lived in Seattle because a lot of good bands hit up the Showbox and the prices are really good! This show was only $15 USD!! Merch seems to cheaper in the States as well...
Anyway, so we drove down at 3pm and got to Downtown Seattle a bit after 6. After hitting up Seattle's Best Coffee where, as Alyssa and Lauren teased, I apparently was flirting with the guy working there, we stood in line for a good fifteen/twenty minutes.
Lauren spotted Tom (the guitarist) from MxPx walking around the Showbox, and we got all giddy about that (definitely sent me back to my grade 9, green hair days).
Fastforward to Alexisonfire. It was my first time seeing in them concert, after hearing great reviews time and time again from various people (though mainly from Lauren). They played with a lot of intensity and were super entertaining to watch. The most entertaining was the bassist, Steele, who looked like his was possessed by either God or the devil - it was effin hilarious. George, the lead singer, prowled around on stage screaming his head off, with a mischievious grin on his face for the majority of the show.
I have decided that I now have a crush on him - ha.
Dallas (also the frontman for City and Colour) shook around like the rest of them, though he was a bit more reserved. An adjective I'd use for him: smooth (??). The other two band members were farther away from me so I didn't get to analyze them as much (the other three were an eyeful as it was). All in all, a great show. I wasn't in the thick of the mosh pit like I normally am, and it felt a bit strange, but being to the side allowd me to avoid getting kicked in the head by crowdsurfers, and to snap a few (albeit blurry) shots without getting jostled.
I think I'd still rather trade bruises for a crazy time in the pit though! Next time Alexis, next time.
I'm definitely going to try and see them again - especially if they headline! Their set on Tuesday night was shorter than I would have liked. Plus, next time I'll postion myself so I can get a better view of George ;)
For a taste of what Alexisonfire is like, check out their myspace: Alexisonfire
Just a warning though, if you haven't heard stuff by these guys before, they are definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But if you do like this type of stuff, it grows on your like a forest fire.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home